Service/repair, alteration, installation and maintenance of all security related systems for Sho-Me Power; responding to operational and/or safety concerns; maintenance; and assisting in conceptual designs of future deployments.
Minimum of five years of experience preferred in one or more of the following industries: electronics, fire alarm & life safety, and/or building automation. Associates degree in Electronics preferred. Desired knowledge of the following: Genetec, Axis, Panasonic, HID, Honeywell (Vista 128 & Win-Pak).
Responsibilities include installation, operations and maintenance of the fiber optic telecommunications system, air conditioning and related equipment.
Qualified applicants will be able to interpret work plans, perform splicing, and testing of optical fiber as well as operate mechanical equipment including bucket trucks, trailers and perform air conditioner maintenance. Ability to distinguish colors required. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. EPA Clean Air Act Section 608 certification required.
Construction and maintenance of substation facilities and related equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of circuit breakers, motor operators, load switchers, capacitor banks, voltage regulators, substation batteries, chargers, transformers and related substation equipment.
- Installation of forms, reinforcing steel, anchor bolts, welding, filtering, erection of steel and buss work, oil filtering and installation of mobile subs.
- Repair to substation facilities as directed, including emergency repairs.
- Operate boom, winch, bucket truck, backhoe, caterpillar, trencher, forklifts and related equipment
High School Diploma, knowledge of electronics, electricity, schematics, prints and CDL required. Ability to operate boom, winch, bucket truck, backhoe, trencher, tractor-mowers, forklifts and related equipment.
Planning and technical services for the operation and maintenance of substation facilities including maintenance of inventory, execution of strategies an procedures to minimize outages, drafting equipment specifications and coordination of substation activities with multiple departments.
Qualified applicants will possess extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of electrical substations, excellent communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office and other software programs.
Responsibilities include design and development of facility drawings and support for field construction activities including:
- Prepare/create a full range of construction documents for the installation of new, or modifications of existing, substations and transmission lines. Provide engineering and construction support for projects;
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with project manager and others as needed
- Assist with development of 2D detailed drawings including system maps, one-line diagrams, Phasing diagrams, Site plan/Grading, Elevations, Steel details, Foundations, Grounding plans, Conduit plans, Substation Security, Control Buildings, As-Built Drawings, Transmission Line Route Selection, Transmission Specifications and Drawings.
- Create or modify physical drawings such as single line diagrams, station location plans, electrical assemblies, cable and conduit plans, cable schedules, grounding plans, duct bank designs and layouts, and other details and drawings that will provide sufficient detail and information to construct an electrical substation with guidance of experienced designers
- Create construction material lists
- Assure quality/content of construction documents through company standards, project file organization and plotting management procedures. Establish data exchange standards with project team members and manage deadlines.
- Maintain and create CAD library, symbols & typical drawings.
- Archive manufacturer and existing/manual drawings to computer network for future use and troubleshooting. Scan existing/manual drawing for permanent record and editing raster files in order to maintain a record of modifications/upgrades.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Experience designing substation and transmission line physical layouts and electrical clearances beneficial. Knowledge and experience applying electrical engineering principles desirable. Knowledge of relevant codes and standards such as NEC, NESC, IEEE, NEMA and ANSI beneficial. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to work in a team environment, and to coordinate the work of various engineering disciplines and contractors to complete an integrated project. Associates or Bachelor degree in Engineering, drafting technology, or related field required.
Please direct employment inquiries to Human Resources Department, Sho-Me Power, P. O. Box D, Marshfield, MO, 65706.
Fax: 417-468-3506 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sho-Me Power is an equal opportunity provider and employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Sho-Me Power, please contact Human Resources at 417-468-2615.